Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Anniversary

When I was young, I envisioned my dream girl. She had long, curly brown hair, deep dark eyes.

Oh, yeah: and a great personality.

I kept on dreaming.

When I was in college, I met a first-year girl. She was bold, playful, mischievous, and full of laughter. She had a great personality.

Oh, yeah: and gorgeous long, curly brown hair, sparkling deep dark eyes, I started dreaming all over again.

Now at 44 years old, I no longer dream about her.
I get to dream with her.

Thank you, my beloved wife, for making my dream come true 19 years ago today. You are truly beautiful in so many ways, and more wonderful than I could have ever imagined.

I love you, my soul.


4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you don't post every day, because I couldn't afford all the Kleenex I would go through! As usual, this is such a tender and touching post about your wife. I'm sure you're her dream as well! Happy Anniversary!!! ~Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my ..... you have such a beautiful way with words... but most of all your love for your wife... the respect and adoration that you both have for each other...

    Its simply amazing...

    CLICKING MY GLASS IN A TOAST TO ANOTHER 19 ... 20... 21 ....
    ETC.....YEARS

    HUGS
    JO

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations to you both, beautiful words & how wonderful to come across your blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations and many, many more years to come with happiness for both of you.

    I always dreamed about a husband who would write poems for me...and I'm so glad there are couples like you.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated, and will not appear until the author has approved them. Thank you!